Today we had a meeting at school. In the meeting, our principal told us that he feels God is leading him to pursue a position as a Head of School. As a result, he will not be returning to North Cobb Christian in the fall.
It would be one thing if that was the end of the story.
Here are some important details…
1. Our principal is a great friend of mine by the name of Greg Scheck.
2. Greg is one of the godliest men that I know.
3. Greg is the personification of I Corinthians 11:1 “Follow me as I follow the example of Christ.”
4. I know of at least 5 people off the top of my head that would follow Greg right off the side of a cliff if he asked us to. Not because he thinks he’s great, but because we trust his leadership even when we don’t understand.
5. Greg is the Dad I never had, but always wanted.
6. God has used Greg to teach me some very valuable lessons these past two years. I didn’t say they were easy lessons. I like Greg because he asks hard questions and because “just enough” is never ok.
Right now I feel like I have been punched in the stomach. God…I don’t understand. I want to. However, I think I want to wallow in this a little bit more. You have used Greg in our lives for a season. Have we been a blessing to Greg? Have I poured into his life as much as he has poured into mine?