This past year I had the privilege of serving as a leader for the Chick-fil-A Leader Academy with our student government at North Cobb Christian School. CFA Leader Academy is a new partnership between Chick-fil-A and Addo. We had a great time this year walking through their servant leadership curriculum and are excited to jump back in next year! As a thank you to the leaders, we were all sent a certificate, a nice letter, and the book Remarkable! by Randy Ross and David Salyers. This book is a quick read…a leadership parable full of tips and thoughts to help any organization grow and thrive. I read the book last weekend and highlighted several things while reading. I’ve posted those notes below…
- A clutch situation is any encounter that requires the engagement of two or more people to create progress.
- A compelling culture is created when people…
BELIEVE in the best IN each other
WANT the best FOR each other
EXPECT the best FROM each other
- Pay grade speaks to the kind of value that you extract from the organization. Value grade speaks to the kind of value that you create for the organization.
- Whether you see the clutch situation as a hardship or an opportunity for growth all depends upon your perspective. It’s a matter of choice.
- Candid evaluation launches us on a journey to seek truth. However, the extent to which we find truth is directly proportionate to our openness and willingness to receive it.
- Valucentricity is the energy and momentum that can be produced when values are properly aligned.
- Axiology is the study of values and value formation and how they impact our thought processes, decision-making, and performance.
- How we view things will drive how we do things.
- On purpose means you live purposefully, with a purpose, and for a purpose.
- The Maxim of Creativity: We are designed to create value in life.
- Advertising is the tax you pay for being unremarkable. Word of mouth is always the most powerful way for your message to be broadcast.
- “If you love what you do, you will never work another day in your life.” Truett Cathy, Founder of Chick-fil-A
- The Maxim of Positivity: Authentic positivity is the by-product of creating true value.
- The Maxim of Sustainability: To continuously create value, leverage your passion and strengths to solve problems.
- One of a leader’s greatest responsibilities is to shift the emphasis of work from ‘making a dollar’ to ‘making a difference’ in the lives of others.
- The Maxim of Responsibility: Ownership empowers people to take responsibility for creating value.
- The Clutch Question: What’s the Superior Choice?
- The only real competitive advantage any organization has is the culture that it fosters. Culture is really nothing more than the composite of the values, thoughts, and behaviors of the individuals who comprise any organization.
- A company’s culture is its greatest competitive advantage, and will either multiply a company’s efforts, or divide both its performance and its people.
- The impact of culture in any organization cannot be overstated. The culture is the single most important factor in the success of any organization and must be the highest priority of leadership.