Unstoppable by Christine Caine is an incredible look at what Scripture has to say about the promises of God. Caine once again shares a powerful testimony of how the Lord has worked in her life and through her ministry A21 to rescue those involved in human trafficking. I blogged this summer about another of her books, Undaunted, and now I’m curious which “un” word she will write about next!
I am a huge fan of Christine Caine’s writing and speaking simply because she recognizes the platform she has and chooses to only use that space to point people to Jesus. Her books and her speaking are full of Scripture and point people straight to the truth of the Bible and the grace and mercy of the gospel. I posted my notes below and took the time to link to the referenced Scripture passages because they are just so rich and full of gospel truth.
This book is a great resource for anyone that desires to live a life sold out to God’s perfect will and plans for their life.
- Hebrews 12:1-2
- Because God is in us. God is for us.
- Romans 8:30-31
- Run the race marked out for you.
- 2 Timothy 4:7
- Impossible is God’s starting point.
- God has an eternal purpose for the whole body of Christ and a divinely chosen part for every single believer. He has uniquely designed and selected each and every believer to fulfill his or her purpose.
- Ephesians 5:14-16
- 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Matthew 19:26
- Psalm 145:4, 10-13
- Of course we are small, but God is huge.
Of course we have limitations, but God is limitless.
Of course we are weak, but God is strong.
Of course we are finite, but God is infinite.
Of course we are imperfect, but God is perfect.
Of course we fail, but God never fails.
Of course we can choose to stop, but God is unstoppable.
- When our broken pieces are offered to God, he multiplies them for his purposes.
- 1 Peter 4:10-11
- 1 Samuel 16:6-7
- Our here and now is God’s preparation for our future. This is why we must remain faithful, committed, and loyal, even when we cannot fathom how good can come out of bad. There is a process—a divine order—that requires submission first, and only then our gradual promotion. To reach that future, God requires our obedience before our understanding.
- Given these truths then, in trust and obedience, go with what you do know rather than fret over what you don’t know. Love God. Obey him. Trust him. Serve him. Do the next right thing and joyfully thank him for what he is accomplishing inside of you.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Ephesians 2:10
- Isaiah 6:8
- Colossians 1:9-10
- James 4:2
- Philippians 1:6
- Hebrews 12:1
- Look for clues that you’ve hit your maximum capacity, and welcome those clues as opportunities to make a handoff.
- Commit yourself to keep building the team rather than building up your own little empire.
- Passion is not a momentary, fleeing emotion but the fuel of God in us, enabling us to be unstoppable as we run our race and finish our course.
- You are not your own; you were bought at a price. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
- Greater is he that is in you than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4
- James 1:2-4
- Hebrews 12:14-15
- Galatians 6:9
- Hebrews 6:19-20
- No promise is too hard for God to keep.
No prayer is too hard for God to answer.
No problem is too hard for God to solve.
No person is too hard for God to save.
No mountain is too big for God to move.
No need is too great for God to meet.
There is nothing our God cannot do!
- Isaiah 54:17
- But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. Psalm 33:11